Terms & Conditions
Musical Images has been in business for over 30 years. We are an established retailer with ‘real’ shops and demonstration facilities; offering our customers knowledgeable and informed advice. We have worked hard to develop a reputation for excellent customer service and we endeavour to offer this same level of service to customers of our online store. We do supply goods on a loan or demonstration basis. If you are not sure about the product you require, we suggest you research it prior to making a purchase. Our in-store advisors all receive training in the products we sell and will be happy to help you.
The term ‘Musical Images” or “us” or “we” refers to the owners of this website. Musical Images is a trading name of “Audio Visual Lifestyle Ltd” and Associate Companies whose business address is 173 Station Road, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 7JX. The retail online shop is operated by Musical Images Limited. The company registration number of Audio Visual Lifestyle Ltd is 4027575. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
- By using this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions of use, which together with our security and returns policies, govern Musical Images’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
- To order goods using this website you must be at least 18 years of age and be within the UK. We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase goods subject to these terms and conditions.
- Offers and deals posted on our website are available for online purchase only.
- All prices quoted include VAT. Delivery is extra unless otherwise stated. You will be able to see the full cost, including delivery charges prior to submitting your payment information.
- Musical Images on occasion offer promotions and/or product discount codes to use on certain items on the site. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw promotions, offers or discounts at any time without prior notice. This also applies to any offers/promotions or voucher codes found on affiliate's websites. These codes cannot be used with any other promotional codes, and only one code can be applicable per order.
- All goods are guaranteed to be UK stock, with full UK warranty and service backup. We do not supply “grey” imports.
- We do our best to ensure all information and pricing on the website is correct, however, we do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Whilst every effort is made to ensure correct prices are displayed on our website, should a product be listed at an incorrect price due to typographical mistakes or error in pricing information from suppliers, we shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders listed at the incorrect price whether or not the order has been confirmed. If you have made an electronic payment we will immediately issue a refund to your account in full. A contract isn't active until you have taken delivery of your order.
- All products sold are of a technical nature and we are sometimes unable to give full specifications of all products. The Company will not accept responsibility or liability for representations made by a third party for products features or suitability for a particular use. (Eg Manufacturers, magazine articles, Internet etc). Musical Images personnel are trained to explain features and benefits and are able to provide information if so requested, in relation to a products features and benefits. Images shown on the website are for illustration purposes only and may not be representative of the product. For further details, please contact Musical Images on email@example.com.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 states that goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. Or, if the customer’s product is services (i.e. installation), the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that the service must be carried out with reasonable skill and care.
If the customer wants to exercise their legal rights to reject products they should notify Musical Images’ Customer service before the expiry of relevant periods.
If the customer wants to exercise their legal rights to reject products then the customer must post the item back to Musical Images (or if not suitable for posting) allow us to collect. Under no circumstances shall the restitution, exchange or reimbursement be asked and/or performed in stores.
Musical Images will not cover the damages resulting from an incorrect handling of the product and, in general, an improper, inappropriate or unreasonable use of products. The damages made due to a maintenance or dismantling operation by a person not employed by Musical Images, to modifications or alterations to the product, damages resulting from an insufficient packaging when returning the product or from an accident are also excluded.
This guarantee automatically becomes invalid if the label that has the serial number of the product has been removed or erased. The customer, must without fail, needs to keep the purchase invoice of the product.
BACK TO THE TOP
- We do not operate a price match guarantee, but aim to always offer competitive prices on market-leading products, backed by industry-leading levels of service. We will always do our best to ensure our customers receive great products and fair prices. If you have any questions, please call to speak to an in-store advisor.
- When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. This term is included to protect us in the event that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron and Bank Transfer. All payment methods offered are subject to change at any time. We can accept payment by cheque however we require cleared funds prior to any order being released. Alternatively payment can also be made via PayPal or Amazon Pay (an order reference must be quoted for all payments made via bank transfer).
- We take all reasonable measures to ensure the safety of your personal information (see our security policy for further information). A receipt for your goods and the order tracking number will be sent by email on the day of dispatch. The shipping label on the outside of the packaging will confirm the order was dispatched by Musical Images. We will inform you immediately if we cannot supply the ordered goods from our stock, or if the item is on backorder with our suppliers. You will then have the option to cancel the order or wait for an agreed time. BACK TO THE TOP
- If goods have been dispatched and you subsequently cancel your order, under the Distance Selling Regulations, Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014, you must take reasonable care of the goods. It will be your responsibility to return these goods to The Company in Edgware at your cost. If the order is cancelled or returned where the product is not faulty within 14 days because an incorrect item was ordered (or if you simply changed your mind) we will not pay for the cost of returning the product or refund any costs incurred if we arrange a collection via our couriers. The Customer then has a further 14 days from the date they notify Musical Images of their cancellation to return the goods.
- Outside the 14 day period, any order deemed to be ordered incorrectly will be subjected to a 30% restocking fee if the boxes have been opened, for products unopened a charge of 10% applies. If you have purchased Video, DVD, Blu-Ray, Audio, Multimedia or Software where the item has been unsealed or personal care products or in-ear headphones / earphones, where for reasons of personal hygiene we are unable to accept returns except where faulty. There will also be a charge to return the item to us depending on the product type and method of collection. This does not apply under the terms of DSR.
- If the items are returned without original packaging, accessories or instructions then the costs will be calculated and deducted from the amount refunded.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have an early right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund. This right is limited to 30 (Calendar) days from the date, you - the customer took ownership of the goods/ Date the goods were delivered. If an item is faulty and needs to be returned, the customer does not need to pay postage costs for the return of the faulty item if within 30 days of receipt. If a customer is asked to return an item that arrived damaged, not as described or faulty, the retailer should refund the total cost of the return/Cancellation. All faulty Items need to be returned back in its original packaging with all the accessories that came with the product. Goods will be inspected before a refund is issued. Should the goods not be faulty – the customer will be liable to pay for the courier charges and will be asked to collect the unit. (Unless they have informed us Under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2014, they wish to return the product). BACK TO THE TOP
- When you shop with The Company on our Internet site, all your financial transactions are entirely secure. Our secure server software encrypts all your payment card details. The process scrambles all the information, allowing no unauthorised third party to intercept the data. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Security: To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate all personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. Furthermore, our payment system is powered by RBS Worldpay, part of the Royal Bank of Scotland. They have industry-leading fraud prevention measures in place. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information you provide will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. BACK TO THE TOP
- Deliveries are made between the hours of 7am and 8pm although occasionally deliveries may overrun due to circumstances out of our control ie. traffic.
- Goods ordered with standard delivery will usually reach most parts of the UK within 2 to 3 working days – and often within 24 hours from order. Our target is “same day dispatch” for orders placed before 3pm, and next-business day for orders placed thereafter. If you live within a five mile radius of our stores, we will consider trying to get goods to you on the day of order, provided our costs of delivery are met. Please call to speak to our advisers if you have an urgent requirement.
- Deliveries can only be made to addresses with active landline telephones.
- Please note that our couriers will endeavour to make deliveries as arranged at the point of order and we will not be held responsible for any costs incurred because of non-delivery or factors caused by others. Our Express Delivery services are NOT available to the following postcodes: AB, DD, GY, HS, IM, IV, JE, KA27-28, KW, PA, PH, PO30+ and ZE. Express Delivery must be ordered before 1400hrs and is only available Monday-Friday. Orders for Express delivery made on Friday after 1400hrs will be made from the following Tuesday. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on this service.
- In Stock – Available for Immediate Delivery, Express and Next Day Delivery Options available
- Available to Order – This means the item is temporarily out of stock. Delivery is subject to the manufacturer having stock. Our Sales team will contact to arrange suitable delivery date with you.
- Pre-Order - If a product is available for pre-order it normally means it’s a new product line which is due to be released shortly, we are giving customers the chance to order in advance. Pre-order products are not normally available for express delivery. Pre-order for products can not normally be amended but we will attempt to accommodate your requests.
- All PA
- All IV
- All AB
- All PH
- All KW
- All ZE
- All HS
- All BT
- All TD
Please contact us for pricing for delivery to these postcode areas, any online orders placed with these postcodes will be contacted by our processing team to discuss the surcharge pricing for the specific areas.
The majority of our deliveries are made by a courier and will be one-man only. This enables us to remain as competitive as possible.
Two Working Days notice is required if you wish to change or cancel your delivery once a delivery date has been arranged. You will be charged if insufficient notice is given. The cancellation charge can vary from £19.99 to £69.99 depending on the product and the delivery postcode.
Once you have completed your purchase we will forward your details to our third party carrier. For items in stock you will receive a call to book your delivery normally within 2 to 3 days, for special orders the timescale will differ.
Our Carriers have a scheduled route and it may be that they only deliver to certain postcodes on certain days. This will generally be the same route each week, therefore you will need to make yourself available on that day. If you are not available on the first date offered, we will offer you the next available date. Please accept our apologies in advance if the third party carrier's route is not the most suitable day for you. If you wish to specify a particular date, or request a date outside the schedule, we will endeavour to meet your request. This will be at your cost - price & payment will be quoted prior to delivery of the goods.
Please take this into account prior to purchasing our products, as once these items are dispatched from our warehouse the costs involved with their return will be with the customer.
Items will be delivered to a ground floor room of your choice providing access is available, unless delivered using our pallet service which will be to your doorstep only. All goods must be checked for damage on arrival of the couriers before signing for, otherwise we are not liable for any damage and the goods will not be exchanged. Any damage must be stated on the delivery note when signing.
On some occasions a courier service may not be available to selected postcodes for a few weeks in which case we will try to arrange a Pallet delivery service.
American Side-by-side units - Please note these units will delivered to a room of your choice providing access is available. The removal of packaging and / or doors will be at the driver's discretion and will incur a charge payable directly to a sales representatives by telephone at point of delivery.
Clearance and Re-packaged Items - delivery is made on a pallet service and therefore will only be delivered to your doorstep. Removal of an old appliance is not available with clearance or re-packaged items
If you have ordered multiple items from us we will combine your delivery, which may lead to a longer delivery timescale.
- The Company will endeavour to deliver goods within the times stated but goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes outside of our control. Any dates we specify for the delivery of the goods are approximate only and The Company shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay for the delivery of the goods.
- The Company will only deliver goods to the address on the order, and goods will not be left without a signature. An additional charge will be applied if the delivery is aborted due to the consumer failing to adhere to clause 25.
- Responsibility for the goods passes to the purchaser upon delivery.
- The Company reserve the right to refuse to connect or install any appliance if at any point they feel to do so would be a safety risk or where existing plumbing is inadequate, damaged or if additional parts are required. BACK TO THE TOP
- The Company will supply goods that are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the minimum period of 12 months from the date of delivery (or longer if offered by supplier). This guarantee specifically excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, and misuse. In addition routine maintenance (cleaning of dirty audio/video heads etc), consumables (styli, plug fuses, cables, batteries, etc) cosmetic damage and the tuning of channels is not covered, THE FULL COST OF THE SERVICE/CALL WILL BE CHARGABLE TO YOU IF NO MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL FAULT IS FOUND WITH YOUR PRODUCT. Upgraded DVD Players - Please note that the upgrade performed on our DVD players will be compatible with most DVD titles currently sold. New release of software in the future may be incompatible; in which case a subsequent upgrade may be required. There will be an additional charge for this. TFT LCD Monitors & Television - These displays are made up of thousands of pixels. For example a 15" flat screen with a resolution of 1024x768 has 786423 pixels. Each pixel comprises three sub-pixels (red, green " blue) making almost 2.4 million dots. Behind each pixel is a transistor. When a transistor fails it manifests itself as a bright, dark or coloured dot on the screen that stands out from the rest. Today's production techniques unfortunately cannot guarantee an absolutely fault-free screen display and buyers should be aware of the possibility of imperfections (in the form of a few isolated constantly lit/unlit pixels) before choosing to purchase a TFT monitor or television. Due to this there is a commonly accepted "tolerance level" by which TFT's may display such imperfections (or stuck pixels) without being classified as faulty. As such, we can only take back displays as faulty for refund/repair if the number of stuck pixels exceeds the manufacturer's guidelines. The number required for the monitor or television to be classified as faulty does vary between manufacturers. Please check with the relevant manufacturers as to their 'tolerance level'. This does not affect any other statutory rights you may have. BACK TO THE TOP
- All products comes with a minimum of 12 months manufacturer warranty.
- Where the product is under the standard Manufacturers' warranty, should a repair be required, customers are advised to contact our customer services team. We do not undertake repairs to items purchased from other establishments or items out of warranty.
- The Company reserve the right to dispose of any goods where no written instruction has been received within a ninety-day period.
- Failure by The Company to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not affect our right to enforce the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the contract between The Company and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales. BACK TO THE TOP
- You can now recycle your old electricals with us. If you're buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free.
- Why recycle? Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
- We can help - We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items. We use Appliance Care Recycling to handle our WEEE Recycling. To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
- The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis. Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com. BACK TO THE TOP
- Please note that we record and monitor our calls for training and quality purposes.
- If you have a complaint please contact our Customer Services team, email email@example.com or write to:
The Customer Services Manager
173 Station Road
Company Reg No. 4027575
These terms and conditions may be subject to change without notice.
E & OE (Errors & Omissions Excepted)